Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Were you bullied regularly when you were in school?

  1. Boards
  2. Current Events
  3. Were you bullied regularly when you were in school?
KazGT6 2 days ago#1
Were you? - Results (99 votes)
yes all the time
13.13%
13
sometimes
25.25%
25
rarely
33.33%
33
never
28.28%
28
were you?
Tropicalwood 2 days ago#2
I was the bully
ayy lmao ayy lmao || oaml oaml yya yya
ayy lmao ayy lmao || oaml oaml yya yya
DevsBro 2 days ago#3
Eh kinda. More like teased. Nobody beat me up or stole my lunch money. But yeah, I was pretty much dead bottom on the social ladder from 1st to 8th.
Twin3Turbo 2 days ago#4
I was never bullied in school, I also never bullied anyone.
mattnd2007 2 days ago#5
i had my share, but others had it worse.
go join the "expletive not allowed" nazis then. you "expletive not allowed" psycho- Spudger 01/15/17
Twin3Turbo posted...
I was never bullied in school, I also never bullied anyone.


^This. I usually looked out for the little guys too.
No stupid film for me.
Airhammy 2 days ago#7
The second elementary school I attended about 3/4 of my class hated me and they never gave a reason why.

Even a friend of mine turned on me in Grade 6 and he was worse than all of them combined.
Fill_Kessel 2 days ago#8
Tropicalwood posted...
I was the bully
NHL Insider, you're welcome
ColdOne666 2 days ago#9
I got picked on every day in High school and large parts of primary school. I wanted to kill myself or everyone else.

I'm in a better place now.
FFX is the best game of all time. The only good Nintendo franchises are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Comics are for kids. https://i.imgur.com/LJ3WSyB.gif
KazGT6 2 days ago#10
ColdOne666 posted...
I got picked on every day in High school and large parts of primary school. I wanted to kill myself or everyone else.

I'm in a better place now.

why do you think you were such a target?
I was in 6th grade before the people who did moved up to high school. It was super awkward seeing them again, so I just pretended that I didn't recognize them.
Ignore when people say that the title length is not important, that a title should just convey what the game is about. They're just jealous theirs isn't as long
Not really. Anyone pushed me and I would tell them not to touch me and then hit them. 

Only happened twice. I think just being a bigger kid they were trying to show off by trying to pick on me. Both times started with them talking s***, me talking back, then pushing me, them on their back with me on top of them.
Give me your tired, your poor,Your masses yearning to breathe free,The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.Send these, the homeless, tempest tossed, to me.
First two years of high school. Then I chilled tf out and ended up on the cooler side of things.
You haven't set a signature for the message boards yet. Might wanna get on that, yeah?
All the time.

People wondered when I'd shoot up the school, not if. I was ridiculed for everything and it got worse over time.

From what I know of from talking to some people after HS, it was just because I looked ugly, people already had established social circles and that my upbringing made me strange to be around for a bit. It snowballed because of social exile. Even today I'm strange, people think there's something wrong with me even if I mean well, and damn ugly. Even a few teachers bullied me.
Everyday. They just didn't like me, and made sure I knew it. Whether it was roughing me up, stealing my books out of my desk and throwing them in the garbage, framing me for horrible things they did(like signing my name in an awful letter to a classmate who'd just lost a loved one), spreading rumors, sabotaging my grades when we graded each other's tests by marking most of the answers wrong or simply erasing and rewriting them, smearing something questionable on my locker handle so I got a handful of it... >_>

Making my life miserable was like the first step to joining the cool kids club, and everyone was aiming to join. Plus my life at home was awful, I just wanted to stop existing, and that sentiment pops up still pretty frequently.
What did the pirate say on his 80th birthday?
Aye Matey!
To all those saying yea or everyday why didn't you do anything? 

Like hit someone or fight back verbally or do what they're doing back. I just can't imagine taking that every day.
Give me your tired, your poor,Your masses yearning to breathe free,The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.Send these, the homeless, tempest tossed, to me.
KazGT6 2 days ago#17
Cj_WlLL_VVlN posted...
To all those saying yea or everyday why didn't you do anything? 

Like hit someone or fight back verbally or do what they're doing back. I just can't imagine taking that every day.

you can't always do that. What if they have a lot of friends and you hardly have any
KazGT6 posted...
Cj_WlLL_VVlN posted...
To all those saying yea or everyday why didn't you do anything? 

Like hit someone or fight back verbally or do what they're doing back. I just can't imagine taking that every day.

you can't always do that. What if they have a lot of friends and you hardly have any


I mean it depends what they're doing I suppose but I'd probably hit one as hard as I could and then get ready to hit one more. Do as much damage as I could and do it at school where someone is going to see and break it up. Take my suspension and if it happened again do it again. 

Idk. Easier said than done but I certainly wouldn't let it keep happening.
Give me your tired, your poor,Your masses yearning to breathe free,The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.Send these, the homeless, tempest tossed, to me.
ColdOne666 2 days ago#19
KazGT6 posted...
ColdOne666 posted...
I got picked on every day in High school and large parts of primary school. I wanted to kill myself or everyone else.

I'm in a better place now.

why do you think you were such a target?


Weak, skinny, timid, anxiety, hard to make friends, loner. Easy target.
FFX is the best game of all time. The only good Nintendo franchises are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Comics are for kids. https://i.imgur.com/LJ3WSyB.gif
Mikablu 2 days ago#20
No, people were too afraid to mess with me (I was the quiet kid that talked to themselves and had no friends).
AmonAmarth 2 days ago#21
sometimes bully
sometimes bullied

I wish none of that was true.
i7-4790@ 3.6GHZ | GA-Z97-HD3 | ASUS GTX 960 2GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB HDD | CX750M | 12GB DDR3
(edited 2 days ago)reportquote
NadYobWoc 2 days ago#22
Thankfully no. I was picked on quite a bit in middle school by two kids, but I weirdly ended up becoming good friends with them in high school.
Cowboy Dan's a major player in the cowboy scene
Cleo_II 2 days ago#23
Yes. Almost daily until I turned 16. Mostly by other girls who hated me for being smart and quiet, but quite a few guys too. I wasn't a good looking girl either and some of it was fueled by racism. Then I suddenly became attractive and they backed off. 

All the people who bullied me turned into pathetic losers too. Drugs, kids with multiple people, etc.
KILBOTz 2 days ago#24
I was the tallest kid in my class, tallest among students 1 year ahead of me and only like 3-10 of those 2 years older than me were taller.

So most people were afraid of messing with me.

A few of my brothers friends would gang up and bully me at school but I would later take care of those one on one when they would come to my house.
Sativa_Rose 2 days ago#25
Very rarely, what was much more prevalent was me feeling like I was socially excluded
I may not go down in history, but I will go down on your sister.
LordMarshal 2 days ago#26
I was bullied until i "snapped" and would literally threaten to go to the principals office and tell. Apparently this shocked bullies and they stopped. Once i realized i wasnt cool and didnt care to be cool then i realized i had no shame in just telling on people to the principal and believe it or not, a lot of bullies are already in trouble and if i go raise hell to the principal theyll actually get into trouble.
There can be only one.
--kresnik-- 2 days ago#27
Not usually. You kind of had to ask for it where I went to school. People would tease each other, but I was never the "victim," that I recall.
Trump 2020
From 1st to about 7th I was made fun of alot because I didn't have a father. Eventually the kids grew up and stopped being dicks and pretty much 8th until the end of high school I got along with pretty much everyone.
ImAMarvel 2 days ago#29
I was bullied a bit but others got it worse. I do think it contributed to my social anxiety though.
NNID: VoudouPriest, PSN: Superhero_Ronius
http://i.imgur.com/IU2F6A4.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/Ab4yyPJ.jpg
Well I only remember a few notable moments but besides that I don't think I was bullied more than your average kid
Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card
LordMarshal 2 days ago#31
Ill be honest, it greatly contributed to my very cynical view on others.
There can be only one.
LinksLiege 2 days ago#32
Not bullied but teased.

I was a fatass in elementary/middle school. They noticed.
This is LinksLiege's signature. It is fantastic.
kingdrake2 1 day ago#33
LinksLiege posted...
Not bullied but teased.

I was a fatass in elementary/middle school. They noticed.


i wasn't dealt the greatest hand in looks too. it calmed down around the 10th grade. 
teased until then at various times in my life because of my weight problem.
Chapped ass sucks. Deliver me sweet release, Kaopectate-.Alucard188
(edited 1 day ago)reportquote
Nope. Never.
http://www.warwithwords.com
Blade Forged in Darkness: An award-winning Fantasy Novel:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CE0TLLM
bluezero 9 hours ago#35
In elementary school I was a bully, I was pretty hurtful to some kids and now I feel some shame about it.

In high school and beyond, I've always been dead-center in the social ladder. Not cool or confident enough to be a bully, but cool and confident enough to not ever be picked on. I got along with everyone, the goths, the jocks, the nerds, the cheerleaders, the artistic girls, etc.
Not really. I was kind of in the background aside from my own group of friends, but I tried to be friendly with almost everyone. In high school though there was a group of jerks (who everyone hated anyway) who used to call me "Auschwitz" which was terrible & embarrassing because they used to say it in front of other people but I usually just ignored them or shrugged it off.
TimePharaoh 7 hours ago#38
Tropicalwood posted...
I was the bully
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420
TimePharaoh 7 hours ago#39
MegaButterfree posted...
Not really. I was kind of in the background aside from my own group of friends, but I tried to be friendly with almost everyone. In high school though there was a group of jerks (who everyone hated anyway) who used to call me "Auschwitz" which was terrible & embarrassing because they used to say it in front of other people but I usually just ignored them or shrugged it off.


lulz
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420
TheMarthKoopa 7 hours ago#40
Always, because I never talked
HBOSS 7 hours ago#41
Had family before me in school.
They were like a protective wall for me.
Oh youre his cousin?
Oh hes your older brother?

I was left alone.
I was confronted from time to time but nothing happened. Just arguements heated verbally but no physical contact. It couldve went that way but didnt. Family and friends were probably the reason honestly.
You don't stop playing because you grow old, 
You grow old because you stop playing
I voted never but I suppose maybe a small handful of times in late elementary/middle school. I dunno exactly where the line is between bullied and teased. Like I don't remember ever having any significant problem with anyone in my actual classes, one kid I would scuffle around with some at recess sometimes but it wasn't anything serious. I was really fat until 9th grade or so, I think a couple times younger kids made fun of me, nothing too horrible. Actually I remember one of the attractive girls in class defending me out of nowhere, lol.

I pretty much got along with or at worst was neutral towards everyone I was regularly in contact with, though.

Went to a small private Christian school, which probably has a lot to do with it. Dunno what would've happened to me in the local city school, its known for being pretty rough... I probably would've tried to go to one of the surrounding smaller public schools if the school I went to wasn't an option...
--
-
myztikrice 7 hours ago#43
We were all bullied in fifth grade until I gave the bully a taste of her own medicine. Then I was a bully to another kid during that time. Wasn't bullied or bullied anyone for the rest of school
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."
(edited 7 hours ago)reportquote
Weezy_Tha_Don 7 hours ago#44
never. I won't go so far as to say I was super popular, but everybody knew me at my schools. I was chill with pretty much everyone
http://i.imgur.com/hwZyGuA.jpg - courtesy of the homie United_World
I speak my mind, cause biting my tongue hurts.
  1. Boards
  2. Current Events 
  3. Were you bullied regularly when you were in school?

No comments:

Post a Comment